At National Pen we strive to be the worldwide leader in providing high value promotional products for businesses and professionals by providing expert knowledge and effective promotional products.
With a workforce from over 30 different countries with 14 working languages, we provide a very diverse and multi-cultural environment in which to work with ongoing training to provide you with the tools to be successful.
We are looking for a merchandiser
The merchandising team’s primary role is to maximize conversion while providing a great customer experience.
He/She will also work with the Web team to analyze traffic sales, conversion and search data to understand demand patterns, react accordingly on the site, and advocate for effective cross-department or cross- functional solutions to achieve sales and profitability goals.
The Merchandiser will produce profitable sales and growth of assigned product lines to meet company goals and drive customer satisfaction.
- Direct and oversee product line development and selection assuring that each category is developed to insure maximum market and sales potential while keeping profits and inventory investment in line.
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Product Engineering groups to maximize margin, product differentiation and customer satisfaction , TS and the Web
- Plan each individual media event with Customer Development – product selection, pricing, special promotional efforts, GP mix, etc., to maximize and balance returns.
- Develop product-training programs for customer service personnel.
- Monitor competitors to be aware of pricing, products and promotions and their potential effect on us.
- Work Closely with WEB Team to maximize sales and improve customer shopping experience.
- Attend merchant and vendor meetings to learn and document the company plan for products, themes and trends. Communicate the merchant plan cross functionally to supply chain, sales, and Internet team members; insuring company alignment of merchandising objectives.
- When necessary; work the organization (graphics, accounting, mfg, IT etc.) and outside vendors to identify and collect needed content.
- Present trends (planning calendars, product status, new and upcoming products, weekly and monthly reports).
- Create and maintain product categories and keyword metadata to aid internal and external searches on product. Work with web SEO team.
- Validate all customer facing medium including web, catalogs, and telemarketing channels to ensure that appropriate merchandising content is being represented.
- Create product copy – features and benefits – for products and stock designs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products desired
- Excellent analytical skills with experience using data to make decisions required
- Strong ability to approach merchandising from customer’s perspective, acting as a strong advocate for the customer and working across disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution
- Experience as a merchandiser in a promotional product environment is a must
- or experience in buying in very high quantity promotional products in the aim to sell them to international markets
How to apply:
- Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org